Trust Norvic to handle your shock load (aka prop strike or lightning strike) inspection and repair to the required specifications. Our highly-trained engineers have over 150 years’ collective experience in engine overhaul and repair, and work to our clear procedures and quality control in our modern engine shop in the UK.
Cut your time on the ground: You know your engine must come out and have mandatory parts replaced, as specified by the engine manufacturer.
But Norvic has an innovative way to cut your downtime, because we stock sets of parts we call ‘shock load kits’ for various engines. In many cases, this can cut weeks off your turnaround time.
Fast-track Shock Load Repair Scheme
Appointed as an Approved Repairer by QBE Aviation, the specialist division within QBE, one of the world’s leading Insurance Companies, Norvic’s Fast Track Shock Load Repair Scheme launched with QBE Aviation offers the following advantages:
- Pre-approved pricing (no need to get a quote)
- Fast turnaround – following significant capital investment in stocking (15 business days unless inspection reveals further problems)
- Free pickup/delivery of propeller and engine in one stop shop.
- Dedicated assistance through Loss Adjusters, Engine and Propeller Shop, Insurance Broker and Insurance Company.
- Please contact us to find out more about this exciting development.
Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI) crack testing
Using a magnetic field, we are able to detect surface and sub-surface discontinuities in engine crankshafts and other critical parts that may have led to cracks developing at a later stage. By using the latest technology to detect problems during overhaul or shock load inspection, you can be sure of a much higher likelihood of reaching TBO.
The combination of such advanced technology and our highly skilled engineers is the primary enabler of our industry leading warranty.